USB’s Alumni Association – your life-long link with USB
It is often said that the best measure of a business
school’s standing is the graduates it produces. USB recognises this and
is extremely proud of its 17 000 alumni from USB and USB-ED who have
excelled to become leaders in all spheres of society. As such, our
alumni strengthen the value of USB’s academic offering. We also regard
our engagement with alumni as a key activity in our daily operations.
Our alumni play an active part in the School’s activities, which are mutually beneficial to them and USB:
- Alumni networks: USB fosters close
relationships with alumni through the USB Alumni Association and
initiatives such as business talks and networking events. For alumni,
these events translate into the nurturing of life-long personal
connections and fresh input.
- Continued learning: Opportunities for
ongoing learning are provided through alumni refresher courses,
seminars, workshops, MBA electives, the Leader’s Angle speaker series
and other programmes.
- Engagement with students: This includes
conducting pre-selection interviews with MBA applicants and providing
mentorship to USB students and participants on USB’s Small Business
- Engagement with society: Alumni support the USB Small Business Academy, Management Programme for Non-profit Organisations and its bursary scheme – financially and otherwise.
- Membership of USB Advisory Board: Prominent USB alumni are members of the USB Advisory Board.
- Access to business knowledge: This includes USB ThoughtPrint
on the school’s website. This searchable repository contains the new
knowledge created by USB’s local and international business people,
faculty, students, visiting lecturers and other guest speakers in the
form of articles, DVD clips, podcasts and presentations.
- Regular communication: This includes USB Update (e-newsletter), social media (LinkedIn central and per region, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube), USB Agenda magazine and the USB website.
The USB Alumni Association’s vision is to be the most
desirable alumni association in Africa and its mission is to grow South
Africa and the rest of Africa.
Where to find alumni regions
The USB Alumni Association has regions all over South Africa, in other African countries and in UK and Europe.