USB Gala Dinner
This is the USB's grand event of the year. Its purpose is threefold, namely to:
- Provide the USB's stakeholders with an overview of
the school's social engagement projects (In 2012, this included the
announcement of the Small Business Academy at the USB.)
- Announce the winner of the USB Social Impact Award.
- Announce the USB Alumnus of the Year Award.
The Gala Dinner is held under the auspices of the USB Alumni Association.
Highlights of the evening include a keynote address by a prominent
business person. The event is attended by prominent business leaders,
the rectorate of Stellenbosch University, USB alumni and students, USB
Advisory Board members and the leadership of the USB.
USB Alumnus of the Year awards in recent years
- 2006: Laetitia van Dyk, former Barclays PLC human resources director: UK Banking
- 2007: Ras Myburgh, CEO of Kumba Iron Ore; and
Marlene le Roux, director of Audience Development and Education at
Artscape in Cape Town
- 2008: Pieter Uys, CEO of Vodacom
- 2011: Dr Prieur du Plessis, founder and chairperson of the Plexus Group
- 2012: Francois Groepe, Deputy Governor of the South African Reserve Bank
Recipients of the USB Social Impact Leadership Award
- 2011: Colia Louis, chairperson of the Louis Group
- 2012: Will Coetsee, head of Mogalakwena Craft Art Development Foundation
For further information, contact Annemarie Olivier at Annamarie.Olivier@usb.ac.za or call 021 918 4242.