The Africa Centre for Development Finance (ACDF) at the University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) is a research-oriented centre dedicated to:
• Discover, facilitate and communicate knowledge that contributes to integrated, inclusive and sustainable financial development solutions in Africa’s emerging, developing and transitional economies
• Conduct applied research to improve policy implementation in development finance in the African context
• Enter into agreements to undertake joint research with foremost African capacity-building and developmental institutions.
The philosophy of ACDF is underpinned by the understanding that development is a multidimensional process which requires the dynamism of an inclusive, sustainable and equitable society.
ACDF’s vision is to become a leading academic centre of excellence for applied and sustainable policy-orientated research in all fields of development finance and capacity building in Africa.
The core values of ACDF are:
• Collaborating in research, training and consulting activities
• Encouraging rapid dissemination and application of its research findings in policy formulation in the field of development finance
• Committing itself to develop the capacity of aspiring tertiary students through community development investment (CDI) projects in Africa
• Positioning itself to produce the next generation of researchers and policy makers in development finance in Africa.
• Collaborated with the programme heads and faculty members of USB’s cluster of Development Finance programmes (postgraduate diploma, MPhil and PhD) to produce 150 students on the Postgraduate Diploma, over 150 students on the MPhil and 10 graduates on the PhD. Currently, USB has over 150 MPhil students and 35 PhD students in Development Finance.
• Offered tailor-made short courses to corporates in Africa.
Management of the centre
Dr Sola Oduwole is coordinating and driving the strategic direction of the centre. Dr Mccpowell Fombang assists him in running the Centre. The governance oversight of the centre is managed in conjunction with the Director of USB, and the head and senior research fellows in the Development Finance Department.
For more information, please contact Dr Sola Oduwole, Coordinator of the Africa Centre for Development Finance:
Centre email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +27 (0) 82 823 4274
Phone: +27 (0) 21 918 4485, 21 918 4238
University of Stellenbosch Business School
Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville 7530, Cape Town